Monkey 2 Admob Module

Home Forums Monkey 2 Development Monkey 2 Admob Module

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Danilo 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

degac
    Participant

It seems that even Mark forgot to publicize it on this site!
    And the price seems ‘right’!
    Good move!

https://blitzresearch.itch.io/

secondgear
    Participant

Good stuff! Purchased. Now I need in-app billing for Google Play, App Store and Amazon and I’m all set 🙂

Universal Windows Platform app support with in-app billing would be too much to ask I’m afraid 😉

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Yes, wasn’t quite sure whether to go ‘live’ with it yet, but skidracer stuck it on the front page at bb.com last night and someone just bought a copy (thanks!) so it looks like it’s all go now. Adding admob to a project is still kind of ugly (esp. on ios) but it’s not technically hard and should all work OK. I have tested both banner/interstitial ads with both test and ‘real’ AdUnitIDs.

As per blog-plan, I also plan to release appstore/gamecenter style modules for around the same price, with a discount for buying all of ’em at once. This does mean 3d got put off a little, but all of this was well underway when 3d became a happening thing so I wanted to finish it up.

Pre-built v1.1.03 binaries for monkey2 are also up at itch.io here – actually, you’ll need them for admob!

https://blitzresearch.itch.io/monkey2

I like itch.io a lot – they go to a lot of effort for open source stuff, donation-ware etc, and they’re not arbitrarily selective about *who* they publish the way steam are, which for some reason really bugs me, as it turns publishing into a sort of lottery or something. The itch.io systems are really nice too, very easy to create pages, lots of options etc.

Guess I better announce all this soon now that the cat is truly out of the bag!

Mark Sibly
    Keymaster

Good stuff! Purchased.

Thank you!

Universal Windows Platform app support with in-app billing would be too much to ask I’m afraid

Yeah, sorry, I just don’t wanna take on that much right now. To be honest, WinRT on monkey-x just about killed me!

But the situation is a little different this time thanks to SDL which does actually have a WinRT backend. Also, AngleGLES is apparently an ‘official’ lib for WinRT now, so the lack of OpenGL support is no longer an issue. Still, I’m sticking with ‘no’ for now.

secondgear
    Participant

Still, I’m sticking with ‘no’ for now.

I understand. While Monkey-X WinRT target proved to be useful, I would much rather have in-app purchases for the three mobile markets I mentioned, if I had to choose between them and a Windows mobile target. For now I’m still using Monkey-X for production, and I cannot even consider switching to MX2 until in-apps are supported. I think Xaron is in the same boat, judging by his posts.

Pakz
    Participant

Nice! Will not be using or buying the add thingy(yet) but I will be using the new monkey release. I already rebuild the modules for emscripten.

I made a small donation using paypal.

Now to get back into that coding mindset! 🙂

supertino
    Participant

I am waiting for the steam mod with leaderboards, achieves and cloud saves.  nudge nudge

I also think the monkey2 itch.io page needs to be pimped up a little too.  video tutorials\introductions\examples  etc.

we’re getting there

therevills
    Participant

Purchased! Now just need the IAP module to disable the ads! (Hint!)

Oh… I’m surprised its raw code, I thought it might have been unreadable code or something.

Danilo
    Participant

Pre-built v1.1.03 binaries for monkey2 are also up at itch.io here – actually, you’ll need them for admob!

https://blitzresearch.itch.io/monkey2

Thanks! Already wondered why there is no Patreon reward for the last 2 month.

EDIT: Ahh, looks like i missed the email about prebuilt version on itch.io

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.